Lately, some of the major inspirations and influences on my writing have stemmed from anime, especially movies by the famous Japanese director Hayao Miyazaki. The stunning visuals of his films combined with his trademark unique and touching storytelling not only stretches the imagination but the accompanying soundtracks also provide great music to write to. Below, I thought I would list some of my favorite songs among Miyazaki’s well-known films you might like to use in your own writing. Hope you enjoy!
- Merry Go Round-Joe Hisaishi (Howl’s Moving Castle)
- Summer’s Day-Joe Hisaishi (Spirited Away)
- Arriety’s Song-Cecil Corbel (The Secret World of Arriety)
- The Legend of Ashitaka-Joe Hisaishi (Princess Mononoke)
- The Boy Who Swallowed a Star-Joe Hisaishi (Howl’s Moving Castle)
- The Flower Garden-Joe Hisaishi (Howl’s Moving Castle)
- Promise of the World (Piano Cover)-Joe Hisaishi (Howl’s Moving Castle)