Music plays a huge role in my writing and imagining process. Through a melody my thoughts and ideas are made clearer and more fluid. Music also has the power draw on emotions, to make those listening feel something with each note in the same way authors strive to evoke certain feelings from their readers.
In this first part, I will be posting some of my favorite tracks I find inspiring for writing. The majority of these following songs consists of film scores and trailer music. I hope you enjoy!
- Time- Hans Zimmer
- Now We Are Free- Hans Zimmer & Lisa Gerrard
- Merry Men- Marc Streitenfeld
- Flight- Hans Zimmer
- Confluence- Yo-Yo Ma & Itzhak Perlman
- Evacuating London- Harry Gregson Williams
- From the Western Woods to Beaversdam- Harry Gregson Williams
- Aurora in Faerieland- James Newton Howard
- Leaving Hogwarts- John Williams
- The Park is Closed- Michael Giacchino
- Ceremony of the Sunstones- Trevor Jones
- Mhysa- Ramin Djawadi
Note: I would love to know if you found this music inspiring or helpful. If it is, I’ll make sure to post more playlists in the future!